March 23, 2011

Stateside

After 30 hours of door-to-door travel (shuttle to the airport in Tokyo, flight to Chicago, flight to Boston, parental chauffeur to Hopkinton), Tom and I returned to the States shortly after midnight on Tuesday. No radiation scans, so we have no idea how contaminated we are.

We capped off the trip with a group dinner in the lodge on Sunday night, eating soup and gyoza.

Katja makes the soup

Everyone else prepares the hand-made gyoza

Dinner time!

Now I just need to fully kick a head cold I came down with late last week, and make sure I'm over jet lag. Tomorrow, it's back to Vermont for me.

To everyone we met in Japan, thanks for a great time!

2 comments:

  1. From a Mom's perspective, Greg and Tom both looked fantastic when Joe and I greeted them at Logan - despite their ski tans (sun didn't get through those goggles) and Greg's cold. Hugs all around was just what I needed to dramatically decrease my anxiety level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! See you again some year. Greetings from North of Norway.

    ReplyDelete